The Business Brain
A multi-disciplined approach to making you and your business more effective, productive and profitable.
Coming SOON in 2017
“Your mind at work”
Most of us have experienced work-related stress at some time in our lives, times when we`ve felt the pressures of looming deadlines and performance targets.
I think you`d also agree that a certain level of stress is unavoidable and even useful in certain circumstances.
Mindfulness attention training (MAT) is one of the most powerful, clinically proven antidotes to stress and anxiety and has been adopted by individuals and high profile companies all over the world as a way of improving overall performance, reducing “burnout” and helping leaders and managers stay cool under pressure. Mindfulness-based attention training is based on techniques and processes proven to help individuals build Mental and emotional resilience.
What exactly is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a way of training your attention that can help you achieve a relaxed, focused awareness of their thoughts, feelings and actions. It`s easy to learn and can be adapted to any lifestyle, however busy you may be!
What are the applications of mindfulness in the workplace?
According to the U.K. Mental Health Foundation`s Mindfulness Report(2010) the benefits gained from regular mindfulness practice has important implications for people’s performance and
The U.K. Mental Health report identifies the following:
- Being more mindful helps to develop emotional intelligence which is associated with having good social skills, the ability to get on with others and see other perspectives. All linked to creating better relationships.
- Mindfulness practice has been shown to increase blood flow, reduce blood pressure and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Practising mindfulness has repeatedly been shown to improve attention span.
- Practising mindfulness-based processes have also been shown to have a positive effect on work-related stress.
- Mindfulness training reduces the risk of “burn out”
- It can reduce addictive behaviour and the use of alcohol and caffeine.
Another advantage of MAT over many other processes which claim to increase performance is that it`s practical and can be integrated into any working practice and daily activity.
When you attend Corporate resilience you`ll receive much more than some really practical, easy to learn skills to help you feel more relaxed, less stressed, more focused and more energised, as well as a range of other health benefits, you`ll also learn some of the science and thinking behind the mindfulness process and as you begin to understand, those processes you`ll soon be able to create your own personal mindfulness training to suit your own particular lifestyle. Within the first
How long is the course?
Mindfulness attention training is a two-day course which can be run to suit your business commitments, although we would recommend a maximum span of 10 weeks.
Can I use it as CPD?
Two days MAT training £597 per person Cost also includes an invitation to revisit the same course free of charge until 2017.
Where is the course being held?
Liverpool city centre 2017 dates to be confirmed.
Call: 0151 559 0661