- Proprietor of the NLP Works since 2003.
- Experienced multi-disciplined therapist with extensive experience providing one to one therapy for emotional regulation including stress and anxiety management and trauma management (PTSD & CPTSD).
- Extensive experience working with solicitor referrals successfully treating individuals suffering from trauma and anxiety issues as a direct result of accident and injury. Adults and children.
- Worked with various charities delivering group and one to one behavioural management and emotional resilience sessions.
- Enhanced DBS checked.
- Provision of one to one and group sessions in mindfulness based anxiety management.
- Experienced in the successful delivery of bespoke certified courses using a multi -disciplined approach and their specific applications a wide range of personal and professional contexts.
- Memberships: BABCP No: 150574
| Relevant experience.
- Developed and delivered bespoke mindfulness based NLP and other cognitive behavioural processes for staff and service users of the Zero centre , a charity based on Merseyside providing support for Women and children who have suffered domestic abuse and trauma.
- Developed and delivered training courses in cognitive based stress and anxiety management to local businesses, on behalf of Sefton PCT.
- Creator of Practical Mindfulnesstm process for anxiety and stress management using practical application of Mindfulness, NLP and other cognitive behavioural processes.
- Regularly deliver a range of courses including basic NLP, Mindfulness based cognitive techniques, anxiety and anger management to service providers and service users of Mind supporting individuals with mental disorders.
- Regularly deliver advanced communication and emotional regulation courses for the Public and Private sector.
- Visiting lecturer in NLP, Conflict transformation, negotiation skills at the University of Chester focusing on emotional regulation and resilience using specific cognitive behavioural models of personal and interpersonal conflict and negotiation management
- Developed certified courses for specific issues example: Effects of domestic violence on support workers.
- Facilitated courses/workshops in cognitive behavioural management techniques for young people with mental health issues making the transition from sheltered accommodation to living on their own and their service providers. (Delivered as an associate trainer with Exploring Futures)
- Deliver workshops in schools in the Merseyside area for children with emotional and behavioural issues using a multi-disciplined therapeutic and coaching approach. (Delivered as an associate trainer with Exploring Futures)
- Contracted to Spartan Life coaching to help people recover from effects of narcissistic abuse and complex post traumatic stress. Working via Zoom internationally.
Partial list of relevant trainings taken and certifications held.
Cert Exposure therapy for PTSD and Anxiety
Cert Trainer Mindfulness.
Certificate in Mindfulness and Psychotherapy.2013
Undergraduate degree in Neuroscience and leadership modules 1,2 and 3 2010
Cert trainer Practical Mindfulness
Certified Trainer of Hypnotherapy 2005
Certified trainer of NLP classic code 2005
Certified trainer of NLP New code 2005
Certified NLP Practitioner 1999
Certified Master Practitioner 2000
Certified NLP Coach 2005
Certified NLP Master Practitioner(2nd) 2005
Cert Hypnotherapy for stress management 2003
Cert Clinical Hypnotherapy 2003
Cert Master Hypnotherapist 2005
Cert Eye Movement Integration Therapy Practitioner 2008
Certified EFT Practitioner 2005
Certified EFT Trainer 2006
PTLLLS Cert (Preparing to teach in the life-long learning sector)
CTLLLS Cert (Certificate of teaching in the lifelong learning sector)2010
Certified Business mentor 2011
Course design and facilitation 2000
Cert Accelerated learning skills 2004
NLP for creativity 2004
Sensory Acuity skills 2004
My name is Terry McCoy, I`m the Director and Principal Trainer at The NLP Works. We were one of first to offer quality certified NLP trainings to the general public and companies on Merseyside.
I qualified as a certified coach and trainer of both classic and New code NLP with Dr John Grinder one of the co-creators of NLP. I`m also a certified trainer of Hypnosis, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) .
As well as teaching others I regularly use these powerful methods to help and coach others on a one to one basis.
I was a founder member of The International Trainers Academy of NLP (ITANLP) created by John Grinder and a member of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy and NLP.
I have been inspired by the discovery that much of the recent research in Neuroscience seems to validate many of processes I teach. One particular process covered in depth on the course and is attracting a lot of attention from both health professionals and the business world is Mindfulness.
Mindfulness is a way of training mind to pay attention to thoughts and feelings in the present moment. This 2500 year old process is clinically proven to help with a variety of emotional disorders and is possibly one of the most practical ways of reducing stress available today. In fact I believe combining NLP with mindfulness is one of the most powerful set of tools in there is to create personal and professional lasting change.